Using cloud technologies to bring rare cancer experts closer.
Through Europe wide virtual tumour boards with associated operating procedures, medical professionals will be supported by a peer network, leading to access and education in diagnostic technologies such as genomics and imaging. By using the network to source and identify patients for disease specific clinical trials, patients and professionals link to opportunity to improve quality of care through mutual benefit.
With the collaboration of GE Healthcare and the use of GE Healthcare cloud, we designed an MDT case exchange system that would facilitate:
• Automating MDT data collection (reducing 50% of time necessary to identify and extract patient data)
• Support enrollment to clinical trials
• Support data management (research and education purposes)
• Support quality management (optimization of hospital workflows, measure KPIs – timeframes)
• Support data export for Patient information purposes
Building on the GE-HC MDT system, extending to the MDT connectivity and case exchange between Oxford and another selected Cancer Center, as a pilot test of the technology. Elaboration of connectivity plan for linking to networks for Rare Cancer as part of 2017, for example EURACAN network and other EIT Health partners. Creation of a conceptual framework on the connection of supporting analytical and clinical trials matching tools to MDT services.